Last revised: June 24, 2014
Effective as of: June 24, 2014
BandWhere respects your right to privacy. We abide by the following principles and policies (collectively “Policy”) for any specific and personal information collect about you through our website(s) ( “Site”), our mobile application(s) ( “Application”), emails, and other offerings (collectively “Services”).
Information we collect
We collect information to provide you with the best possible experience and service with our Services and for the purposes described in this Policy.
We may collect information directly from you, about you from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Services:
- Information you give us.
- In order to access certain current and future features of our Services such as posting content, creating an event, subscribing to email newsletters, and other features, we require you to register with us as a Subscriber. When you register with us, we require you to provide certain personal information such as your name, email address, mailing address, etc.
- In the future, in order to get the most out of the personalization and recommendation features we offer, you might indicate to us information like your favorite events, artists and venues.
- Information we collect and store automatically from your use of our Services and may combine with your personal information. While we don’t currently collect information about your use of our Services (including the content you view, the things you click and other actions that you take, etc.), we may add functionality that will allow us to collect such information in the future. This information may include, but may not be limited to the following:
- Device and server log information.
- usage information about the services you use and how you use them, like when you view, search and interact with our content
- device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version and unique device identifiers, as permitted)
- IP address
- browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your BandWhere account
- Device and server log information.
- Location information. When you use a location-enabled BandWhere Service, such as our mobile applications, we will request your permission to collect and process information about your actual location, like latitude and longitude provided by the location services of your mobile device.
How we use information we collect
We may use the information we collect from and about you to register you to use our Services, to verify your authority to use certain features of our Services, to improve and tailor the content and general administration of our Services, and, based upon the settings which you may select, to deliver certain content, information, services and notices from BandWhere, as well as communications regarding information, events, content, products and services of our third party partners. We also use your information to better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes. We may also use your information to contact you for advertising and marketing purposes in the future, which includes sending you emails about products and services that we believe would be of interest to you; please see our section below regarding email communications.
Correcting/Updating Personally Identifiable Information
Opting In and Out of Email Communications from BandWhere and Third Parties
In the future, we may ask for your email address. By providing your email address to BandWhere during your interaction with any of our Services, you automatically grant permission to BandWhere and its strategic alliance partners to send email communications to you. During this process you may also indicate whether you grant permission for BandWhere to share your email address with additional third parties and for those third parties to send emails directly to you. You may manage your opt in preferences and opt out of receiving email communications by writing “unsubscribe” in the subject line of an email sent to CustomerService@BandWhere.com.
Disclosing Your Information to Others
Other users of our Services. Some of the information that you post to our Services may be viewed by other users of our Services. This may include your photo and optional profile information such as your name, address, venues and performers, events, images, etc.
Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
Third Parties. We may disclose your personally identifiable information to third party partners for various purposes, including to allow those third party partners to contact you about news, events, products and/or services in which you may be interested. In doing so, we may transfer information about your use of our Services to third parties and link such information to data you voluntarily have submitted to us. We also may disclose your information to other third parties that offer products that may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to be included on the list of users disclosed to our third party partners or the other third parties, you may manage your opt in preferences as described above. To stop receiving communications from a third party to whom we have already provided your information prior to your opting out, contact that third party directly, or click unsubscribe from an email which you receive from the third party.
Aggregate Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties, and other entities for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Your California Privacy Rights. You may learn more about BandWhere’s policy regarding California’s “Shine the Light” law at the following URL: http://BandWhere.com
Other. We also will disclose your personal information in the following situations: (a) to complete a transaction that you initiate, (b) as required by law, or in response to legal process, (c) when necessary to protect the safety of customers, employees, or property, (d) when you specifically authorize it, (e) in the event of a business transfer (discussed below), or (f) when required to service the company’s system infrastructure.
Third-Party Ad Networks
Security and Data Storage
We employ procedural and technological security measures that are designed to safeguard your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. BandWhere may use encryption, password protection, and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised password, or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
BandWhere recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities. BandWhere’s Services are not intended for children under the age of 13. BandWhere does not target its Services to children under 13. BandWhere does not knowingly collect and store personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
We may transfer your personally identifiable information to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation, other corporate reorganization in which BandWhere participates, or to a purchaser of all or substantially all of BandWhere’s assets to which our Service relates.
Links to Third Party Sites